Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sources of Inspiration

Right from the Childhood, We are inspired by so... many. Mom,Dad and other relatives will be the initial source of inspiration for a kid. As we grow up, we learn many things from our friends, relatives and others whom we come across in our day to day life. Certainly inspired by certains thoughts and actions of others and we will try to mould ourselves. Same case in me too.. Inspired by lotsa people right from the schooling. When it comes to Tamil Grammar and poem (Ilakkanam and Seiyul) I always remember my Tamil teacher Mrs.Revathi who is no more. When it comes to speaking the truth, being loyal, pious etc., my parents are my role model. (So many things I have learned from them..) . If I start mentioning everyone, it will be a difficult task and the readers (if any) will get bored.

The main reason why I thought of blogging in this topic is, my relative "Sujatha". Only with very few, we get inspired just by talking for a few minutes. With few others, even if we talk for hours together we don't feel happy. Sujatha sister whom I have mentioned here is the former type. I met her for the very first time when i went to my relative's home. Though she is a C.A graduate, married and well settled in life, I could find her behaving in a very humble and modest way. After we got introduced to each other, we started discussing things with the main focus on the work, life and the balancing art of official life with the personal one. When she was telling about her life, few facts she narrated reminded me "Narayana Moorthy" and "Sudha NarayanaMoorthy" life story (/love story) which i read long back in the Net. Too good it was. Each and every line in that story carries sense and it is quite enjoyable. A very healthy relationship I would say.
As a daughter, as a lover, as a wife, as a mother the role palyed by Sudha would be amazing. No words to describe.

In fact, our topic switched over to Sudha's story. One of my friends gave me the print out of this story a few days back which I was having in my bag itself. Almost I have read that story four to five times with my friends, parents, realtives etc., Once again I read it with her and we were quoting the lines we liked the most and chatting. The time I spent with her was really valuable and her humbleness increases my respect on her. Each and every word she uttered has some sense in it and it was purely practical. I couldn't spend much time talking with her. Though its a very short duration, I couldn't forget those golden moments and she is one of the great women I have met.

My dad always used to quote these words "Adakkam Amararul Uikkum" from Thirukkural, which I remembered once again after meeting her.

In this context, these lines from a Carnatic song also comes to my mind:
Thaanenum agandhai thalaikkul eradhu
Thaazhndha nilayilum dharmam maaradhu
vaan pugazh valluvan vagutha nal vazhiyil
vaiyagam vaazhndida varam arul thaaye...


I can continue mentioning everyone's name who has inspired me by leading an example, but as said it will be a lengthy one and I would like to dedicate this post especially to Sujatha. This post may sound so simple, funny or even stupid to others. But I couldn't stop myself from publishing this... Those who have felt wasting time after reading this, kindly pardon me...

15 comments:

Deepak Vasudevan said...

Ego never wins. Humbleness is always to win. Check out this biblical quote "Blessed are the meek, for they as heirs shall obtain possession of the earth" -- Matthew 5:5. Also check out this URL http://bible.cc/matthew/5-5.htm

Varalakshmi said...

Yes Deepak, You are right!! Ego never wins..!! Thanks for sharing.

Harikaran S said...

Yes. Humbleness is the secret of success for many people.

Specially when you grow in your career, you have to learn this basic thing perfect. Then, you can win many people in your way..

vasanth said...

When it comes to speaking the truth.....

neea!!! trutha!!! now itself ur telling a lie... Just kidding...

varalu write abt all ur inspirations... so that we can know more abt u :)

Varalakshmi said...

Thanks Harikaran and Vasanth... Will try to write more vasanth.

Srini said...

More than the name 'Sujatha' I found a link between your first post and this...both are repeatedly speaking on inspirations :) Nice to have them.

Nice post. Practicala neraya pesinanganu solitu.. enna pesinaangannu sollaliye :) ? Sonna naangulum inspire aavomey :) !!

Off topic - My opinion is to follow consistent Font styling across the entire blog. The difference is obvious when the screen share a space between the current and previous blog post.

Varalakshmi said...

Thanks Srini for ur suggestion..
I don want too much of personal stuff in this... Tats y didn share...

swami said...

Hi...
a good post to inspire one and all...a person's individuality is again a mix of inspirations, wat he/she has admired from their role-models.(bcoz, in this world nothing is absolute,all are relative...)."Humbleness"-another rare trait to be found among individuals and one who has tat,is called so as a Human(as Thiruvalluvar Quoted)..., A person who is Humane is certainly a real Inspirer....

swami said...

Hi...
a good post to inspire one and all...a person's individuality is again a mix of inspirations, wat he/she has admired from their role-models.(bcoz, in this world nothing is absolute,all are relative...)."Humbleness"-another rare trait to be found among individuals and one who has tat,is called so as a Human(as Thiruvalluvar Quoted)..., A person who is Humane is certainly a real Inspirer....

Prathiba Venkatesan said...

Hi Varalu ,

Hey nice post. Esp the lines

Thaanenum agandhai thalaikkul eradhu
Thaazhndha nilayilum dharmam maaradhu

Very nice to write about your inspirations. Who knows, oru naal unnoda another cousin might write on the same lines about you ;)

Write more.. :)

Varalakshmi said...

hey thanks Swami and prathiba for ur comments and sharing ur views..!! Who knows..??If some one does like tat, i wil inform u prathiba!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Varalu,

Nice post yaar.. we come across lotta ppl in life who influence our thoughts, our actions to a great extent..

Avatrul evayellam nyaayamaga padugiradho, seriyena aaraichi mudivu koorugiradho, avatrai naam kadaipidikkalam..

This wil lead to d person's betterment, in turn his society's betterment, ultimately leadin to d world's betterment..

Nice post.. :)

Varalakshmi said...

Hmm...yes!! Thanks Sesh! Thanks for sharing ur views!

wisethink said...

hey, i just seen yours and deepak blog on my searching for details abt sunanda parthasarathy...

really impressed with your messages...keep posting more and more...with real life examples

all the best wishes

ganesh

Varalakshmi said...

Thanks Ganesh for dropping by!!
Thanks for your compliments